From:
Rachel Zuckerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Dec 2003 13:00:13 -0800
Hi everyone,
I posted a little while ago about my Sebastian ferret losing hair.  This
was also the same post where I told of the loss of my dog Ruby; I'd like
to express my gratitude to everyone for sympathizing.

The point of this post is that Sebastian isn't growing his hair back!
The vet had me put him on Benedryl for a couple of weeks, during which
the hair loss stopped, but it just doesn't seem to be growing back.  My
vet and I are both fearing adrenal (Lola just had surgery for hers this
past summer and is doing wonderfully), but it's not the typical dorsal
hair loss like Lola had.  It's mainly his underside: chest, belly, and a
bit on the underside of his tail.  Has anyone encountered anything like
this?  Did it turn out to be anything besides adrenal?  Any input on
this would be great.  Thanks!

Rachel, Lola, Pukka, and Sebastian the bare-bellied