From:
daniel pelletier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jul 1999 00:19:02 -0400
Hi everyone!  This is a first for me...I just got a new silver female from
a humane society up in Ottawa, Canada(actualy, it was the ferret society).
She's 4 or 6 years old(papers indicate 4 and 6 years of age?!?!).  Having
just got her, I was amazed to see a bald spot on her back.  Is it possible
she was just scraching a mosquito bite?  Because now, the hair is growing
back, and everything seems alright;no scratching or enything like that.
Ever seen something like that???

Also, what are the obvious signs of deafness in a ferret?  Do they respond
usually to sounds like whistleling or name-calling?  Is it normal or
hereditary in ferrets?  Has anyone had a deaf ferret?

Also, I want to thank the Ferret Society in Ottawa for all the help they
gave me in the adoption process...These poeple love ferrets and it shows.
Good work to all who do the same.

Hope to hear from you guys!

Daniel Pelletier