From:
Alicia K Drakiotes / Ferret Wise Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Jan 1996 19:46:08 -0500
It is with deep regret that we at Ferret Wise Shelter in NH announce the
passing of our beloved "Sir Peanut".  He arrived at Ferret Wise in the
Rescue days with a failure to thrive condition and we took him as a
rehabilitation project.  $ 1/2 yr.  young we worked diligently with him for
10 days and lost ground each day-- Subcutaneous I-V's, forced feeding and
all.  We finally took him to the vet (3rd) visit at 10 days and asked him to
let Peanut go...  just let me keep him overnight he said...  the next day
Peanut came home...  the vet suspected lymphosarcoma and started steroid
treatments...  Peanut responded with vigor and improved remarkably well.
That was in May of 1993.  Peanut did greatly for several months and then we
noticed a rasp in his chest...  back to the vets-- fluid in the lungs and an
enlarged heart...  More medications and a closer watch, but Peanut
prevailed..  he was dubbed "Sir Peanut" a name he surely deserved.  Through
the past few years we watched Sir Peanut play and we watched him sleep, he
had good days, and bad days, but he was full of love for everyone each and
every day.  Kisses and a devilish glint in his ruby-red eyes when he thought
he pulled a ferret prank over on you...  and did he dance.  Christmas he put
every last bit of energy into playing in, tunnelling through and tossing
snow all over the shelter Mom's kitchen...  what a delightful boy.  Sadly
"Sir Peanut had seen his last play day, for on Dec 30th , the cancer had
overcome him and he cried out for sleep.  We all miss the devilish blaze boy
who met his challenges and asked for no exceptions.  He was the deciding
factor for the opening of Ferret Wise Shelter in NH.

In "Sir Peanut's" honor the shelter has begun a pet memorial fund so that we
may continue to help those children of fur who enter the doors but have
health considerations which will hinder their placement in new loving
families.  Ferret Wise was Peanut's home and it will be so for those others
who need such special care.  God speed our little guy -- and we know you are
still here to guide the new children that enter the doors.  Pass them that
spirit and joy of life and make them strong for their challenges.

Those wishing more information on Ferret Wise Shelter are encouraged to
write: Ferret Wise, PO Box 561, Marlborough, NH 03455