From:
"Cher R. Clarke" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Dec 1997 23:39:20 -0600
Ok, I think I hold the new record for quickest abandonee.  Today's the 30th,
and one of my co-workers got a baby ferret for Christmas.  She told me about
him this PM.  "Wow," says I, "they're so sweet when they're babies.  All
mine are adults and perpetually cute, but baby cute is so...you know?  [much
gushing]"

And she looks at me like I'm _extra-terrestrial_.  "No way, he's so awful,"
she rants, "looks like a rat, cries all the time, pees everywhere, and he
bites." So I offered to help her train him, and she says "No, yuck, just
take him, please.  I wanted a kitten anyway."

Heck yeah!  I got me a baby, and he's happy and adorable (woulda been happy
with her if she'd ever picked him up), and now she's happy that she doesn't
have him (Weirdo).

He's quite the wee investigator, so his name is McGarrett.  He's so tiny
though, I'll probably call him Gary for a while.  The rest of the gang
kissed him and cleaned his ears -- even the guys.  I think they dig him.

So after only six days, the poor darling was put out of home.  I think
that's a record, and really I'm glad she didn't prolong their mutual misery.

Besides, I've wanted a baby ferret for months, but I don't generally belive
in buying ferrets.  Well, deus ex machina & God provides & all those other
things people say.  Like mazeltov!

Cher

       Cher R. Clarke         |     Law Office of Cher R. Clarke

       [log in to unmask]     |     http://www.clarkenet.org/crc

               What if they gave a fire and nobody came?
                Support your volunteer fire department.