From:
trina fleissner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Jun 2012 20:06:49 -0700
their laws, I'd like to share this site at Michigan State University
Law School which provides the animal abuse laws in all states through
out the U. S. It is an excellent resource, easy to use and provides a
number of topics.

http://www.animallaw.info/

I also believe that more cases would be handled and animals saved if
more citizens would step up to report situations they see or even hear
about. Often times you get farther with a complaint or concern with
the more evidence you have. But the point is we have to inform law
enforcement of the places to look and the people to look at - they
can't be everywhere.

It appears from the inconsistent reports available about the hoarding
situation in Phoenix, that there were red flags about this man (and
girlfriend) that were ignored or the ones that were reported were
not followed up on as thoroughly as they might have been. This is my
opinion formed from the information made available.

Please be a voice for the animals and speak up if you see unkind
actions or hear of situations that concern you. Talk to your law
enforcement or animal control officers and see what you need to do
to make a difference.

Cathy Ryan
Feed rescued animals in two clicks
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3