Date:
Sat, 17 Dec 2011 21:51:54 -0900
>Has anyone had success with the following?
>
>1) aqua therapy for ferrets having mobility issues. (How often and
>what duration is it done?)
>
>2) ferret flyer wheelchairs
>
>My ferret has the ambition and tries hard, but it is so sad to watch
>her struggle. She does OK for the most part, but I would like to help
>her out.
>
>CathyM

Well, I am a bit late! Yes! I have had a great deal of success with
this. Many may remember my ferret, Oscar. And, I also have had others
come into my life who need help. Right now there is Cloud. I put the
water in the tub as warm as a bath for a ferret. Then, I use the toys
and let them use it as a flotation device while they kick around.
Another thing to do is pull them with their front legs and let them
kick along with you. There are other exercises you can do. I have
shared several copies of the article I wrote for Ferrets Magazine
lately. If you would like me to send you my original copy I can. BUT,
Ferrets Magazine holds the copyright on the published version and I
am not sure how you get that except to ask Marylou Zarbock.

Oscar didn't like the wheelchair. Others report their ferrets love
them. I know that there are people on here who can better relate their
experiences than I can. Good luck with your little one. Please feel
free to ask any questions.

--
Renee Downs
"Eventually we will realize that if we destroy the ecosystem we