From:
Randy McCaskill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Apr 1995 14:56:56 -0400
I am usually a lurker and have been for a while, but now I have a
problem that I would like help with.  My 2 year old son (ferret, of
course) Marvin seems to be spraying way too often.  Most of the time
when he has a bowel movement it smells like he sprays as well as other
times when there was no reason for him to spray.  His hind quarters
seem to always stink even though we have tried washing it on a
regular basis.  He was neutered when he was 7 months old and hasn't
been descented.  I am not sure, but I think the problem started when he
had an intestinal infection that left him with runny poop for a while
(2 weeks and then 1 week for a relapse).  Even today (8 to 10 months
later) he still has runny poop occasionally.  I don't remember the
antibiotic that he was on when he had the infection.  Is he a good
candidate for descenting?

My ferrets have been eating Totally Ferret for a while, and now I
am mixing in 8in1 (Raisin coated stuff).  Both ferrets seem to be
eating well.  Marvin has never been as active as Quincy but still
runs around some and plays happily.

My 3 year old girl, Quincy, doesn't have any of these problems, but she
was a pet shop ferret and was neutered/descented before she knew it.

Any and all suggestions are appreciated.

-Randy

--
Randy McCaskill
[log in to unmask]  --  http://www.comm-data.com/rmccask/