From:
Sheila Crompton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Dec 1996 20:39:58 GMT
The vet says that Oliver is a very sick ferret.  He doesn't know what is
wrong with him - all the ear mites have been killed and they weren't bad
enough to cause Oliver to be the way he is.  The vet still reckons that
Oliver has got retinal atrophy but yesterday Oliver jumped from an arm chair
to the settee a distance of about 18 inches.

I have been told to give him glucose and anything else he will eat.  He is
eating a few ferret biscuits and has drunk glucose water.  He's also been
taking Ferretvite provided it has a bit of Ferretone sprinkled over it.
Oliver is at present lying on a blanket on my knee as I type this, very
un-ferretlike.  Most UK ferrets won't stay still long enough to be cuddled.

Sheila

http://www.btinternet.com/~sheila/ferrets.htm
Bolton Ferret Welfare & Newsletter Editor of the
National Ferret Welfare Society of the UK
The opinions expressed by me are not necessarily those of the NFWS