Date:
Thu, 15 Sep 2011 08:17:16 -0400
My advice - find a good ferret knowledgeable vet before you bring your
friend home, find an emergency vet who is ferret knowledgeable or at
least familiar with ferrets before you need one, and save, save, save
your money up for regular care and emergencies. In four years I've
probably spent close to $6,000 on my little girl and I think I'm
getting close to $4,000 for my boy, just to give you an idea.

A shelter ferret is perfect for you. That shelter parent will make
sure you are ready for your new friend to come home, match you up
with the right ferret, and will be there to help answer questions.

My new personal campaign is this - when you adopt from a shelter please
adopt that shelter too. Volunteer to help, donate money, whatever you
can do, just help.

Welcome to the group.
Tracy