From:
"Irena Arthur (OPS|schwanke)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Feb 1996 16:00:56 EST
>Deana,
I'm not sure if we are refering to the same odor (as I have owned a
descented skunk and ferret before) but my ferret also has what I would call
a musky odor.  Lucy's odor is quite natural.  Descenting does not mean that
the animals will not have any of its natural odor and the degree of scent
may vary from one animal to the next and in some cases from one day to the
next.  Also, if we are talking about the same odor, you may find that if you
smell around the CHEEKS not ears the odor will seem stronger.  Basically I
call it BO (body odor!!!) everyone has it and the musky odor is a given with
animals like racoons, weasels and the like.  I rarely bathe my ferret and
find Lucy's BO somewhat pleasant.  I don't want to sound gross but I've been
around animals so long that the characteristic odors of different animals
doesn't offend me anymore.  At any rate I don't think you have anything to
worry about.

Love to all,
        Irena and Lucy