From:
Julie & Hideki Kunitada <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Jan 1997 00:26:20 +0900
Many people misunderstand a ferrets way of playing.  I have over 40
students come to my apartment every week.  When they first see the ferrets
and want to pet them I explain ferrets this way: When playing with people
cats basically play with their paws batting around balls and trying to
catch things, dogs play with their bodies running and jumping on people.
Ferrets play with their mouths grabing, pulling and carrying.  When my
students understand this they enjoy playing with the ferrets and aren't
worried so much when my ferrets go for their socks in order to say "Let's
play!"