From:
Roger Vaughn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 May 2002 09:37:41 -0400
Comet Cursor has been around for years.  What BIG was referring to is
that there were allegations years ago that it is actually "spyware",
that is, in addition to showing you cute cursors, it actually sends
your personal information or your web browsing habits to the company
that makes it.  It does this without your knowledge or consent whenever
you connect to the internet.

Note that these are *allegations* - I don't recall that it was ever
proven (or disproven for that matter).  But allegations are enough for
some of us to get rid of such things just to protect ourselves.

Realize also that you don't need a program like Comet Cursor to change
your cursors.  You can do this with Windows just by itself.  (Mac, too,
though it's been a long time since I did it.)

Roger, Digger, Bear, Fox, Sniffles and The Runt