From:
Carol Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Feb 2005 08:47:09 -0700
I finally have found a way to keep the little cabinet pickers out of the
spring hinged cabinet doors.  At Home Depot, in the bins of magnetic
latches, are some that are labeled "Heavy Duty." ($1.29 each.)  They have
a white case holding the magnet, and they do hold the door very well.  I
installed them rather low on the verticle stile.  Be sure to pre-drill
the holes for the srews, especially if you are putting them in oak.  You
could use two latches if the ferts are really determined but the one has
taken care of the problem.  Once they found they couldn't open the doors
anymore they have given up.  I hope this helps others with this problem.

Carol Owens,
Tucson