Date:
Thu, 6 Dec 2007 22:05:36 -0800
Here's the thing, I'd like to know, too, what happened to the mink. I
assume the no breeding contract did not extend to them, and of course,
whatever they do with the mink. There were no numbers given for the
amount of mink. He can easily send those mink to another mink farm.
There are many in that area as well as Michigan.

Anyway - my 2 cents on everything - Lori says she won't post the list
on the internet. Can't someone who gets the list in the mail just end
up changing it anyway when they write it on the internet?

Lori, your best bet for not having a fake is just posting it from your
current address that we all know. That way we will know it's from YOU.

Anyway - about people like Sukie saying a lot of us might not know how
much work goes into it - I understand it, as do other shelters. But
there are ways of going about large rescues.

The main issue that steams people is the non-existant online
documentation of what was donated, what costs were racked up, and what
was the difference is between.

I understand ferrets eat. A lot. My issue is with a rescue like this
that took "20 years" in the making, why things were not ready. Use wood
stove pellets for bedding (at the most, $10/bag). You could buy pallets
of them. The cheapest thing available. And it works. Same as pine
pellet bedding. Find the least expensive discounted ferret food.
Totally Ferret - $90 per 50lb bag. I am not aware of others but there
are other shelter programs.

The figures and numbers would just make a lot more sense if there was a
diary or record of what has gone on for the last few months, but there
is none. We are given little bits of info and nothing more.

Personally for that many ferrets I do not understand the cost of the
food for only a month to two months. But that is just me. I only have
had up to 35 ferrets at a time - but I know how to do math. Perhaps
these ferrets since they were stressed ate a lot more or wasted a lot
of food by digging, that would make it worse....by a lot. I think
people assume that a rescue will always look for the lowest cost - but
that's not always the case. People can pick to buy whatever food they
want - whatever litter, anything. I think those differences and styles
might be what makes the numbers look so large to some rescues - and
okay to others.

Laryssa