From:
"Shelley R. Abare" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Jan 2005 19:47:22 -0600
She's been to the vet and had blood work and x-rays.  There's nothing
wrong he can find.  She had tons of energy and was doing normal ferrety
stuff.  I started her on baby food mixed with ground kibble and heavy
whipping cream.  Day one she ate about 1/2 a spoonful.  That evening she
ate almost 2 spoonfuls.  Day 2 she ate 2 full spoons in the a.m.  and
almost 3 in the evening.  That was last night.  This morning she picked
at it, and ate maybe 1/2 a spoonful.  This evening my daughter fed her
and she managed to get an entire spoonful down her.  She fell asleep in
my arms.  Bubbles NEVER does that.  She has way too much energy to sit
for more than a few seconds in my arms.  I don't expect her to last much
longer, even though the vet says she's fine.  I don't have a clue how
old she is.  She isn't losing hair and her vulva is normal in size and
appearance.  She was skinny, but healthy, when I left for Mi.  When I
came back 10 days later she was skin and bones, but still acting fine.
(Not the ferret sitters fault, they did everything possible to keep her
healthy.  Great people and I am blessed to have such wonderful friends).
I noticed that she had lost even more weight since I got her home.  I
decided to try to give her extra feedings.  She's been kept separate
since this morning.  Normal poops and pees, she just doesn't want to eat.
She sleeps a whole lot now.  Maybe she's just old and ready to go to the
bridge?  I hope not because I will miss her sweet kisses terribly, but I
don't know what else to do.  So I will continue the feedings as long as
she will take them.  And give her extra love and cuddles until she either
gets better or passes.  This is the part of ferret ownership that I just
hate.  Wish us luck and prayers would be appreciated.

Shelley