From:
Lavon Grahn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Apr 2006 09:08:07 -0700
Save your money for something better than an expensive blender!  My
15 year old blender is still going strong, and it's just the ordinary
variety.  The secret is to get a coffee grinder to assist your blender;
they're not expensive either.  For most of five years, I've been making a
blenderful of soup every single day, and here's how: I start by grinding
the kibble first in the grinder.  I put the liquid (water) in the
blender, add a can of a/d in dollops, and when that's smooth, I gradually
add the ground kibble.  It takes very little time, and when stored in the
refridgerator it becomes quite thick.  I can spoon out enough for one
serving, thin it with a little water, and microwave it for a few seconds,
and feed to whoever is hungry.  My babies like it very warm, no lumps,
and not too thick.

I usually grind about 2 cups of kibble, and that goes in about 4 cups of
water.  I find that Totally Ferret makes the best consistancy, and some
of the other brands of kibble were not as suitable.  Good luck with it!

Lavon
Everything happens for a reason...