From:
Ann Siegel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Jan 2000 06:02:25 -0800
Howdy.  For the past week or so my 7 1/2 year old has been tripping over
her back legs.  This is worst when she wakes up.  Her legs just sort of
splay out straight (like she is doing a split).  She recovers quickly and
resumes her business but this has me worried.  She has a wire cage with 2
ramps, and I have always suspended her bed basked from the side and kept
her food on the 2nd level.  This gives her more room in the bottom to run
around.  Now I am concerned she will catch her foot in the wire while
climbing to her food during one of these episodes and do real harm to
herself.

She has been diagnosed with adrenal disease and is on Lupron; she will
probably get an operation in the next 4 weeks.  Thus far she has never
been diagnosed with insulinoma or any other disease.  I have also noticed
she has been sleeping more, and tires quickly after play.  She does not
exhibit any other signs of being ill, her appetite is great and poops/pee
are normal.

Is this old age, or should I be worried?  Is there information online
about this condition?  Will it keep getting worse and worse?  Should I be
concerned about having her operated on?  She is the sweetest little critter
& I love her dearly.  While I appreciate her willingness to sleep/cuddle
with me these days, I also miss the active, mischievous munchkin she used
to be.

Thanks for any info you can direct me to on this.

--Ann & Guida (Ratty)