From:
Trudi Casler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Sep 1998 07:25:47 EDT
wheezing and coughing, gaging can be caused by lots of things...
unfortunantely ive ahd that experiance....we found that ONLY ONE of our 7
Ferrets is alergic...and also is prone to hairballs...so as a rule with
them we give petromalt every other day( i watch their stools you can really
tell about their health)...and i wash their stuff in WOOLIGHT....NEVER EVER
use bleach or clorox 2 and etc....

hepa filters are great too....

WELL IF YOU SMOKE THEN>>>>YOUR FERRETS ARE TOO!!!!  just something to think
about ( i smoked for ten years but never in my house...but i went cold
turkey 3 years ago and now i cant stand the smell from anyone who
smokes...if i can smell it what about our animals...hmmm something to think
about)

changr your air filter in your house at least once a month ( i live in
Arizona so i change it every 2 weeks) makes a difference with someone who
wheezes ( ialso have an asthmatic child..)

and of course benedryl is for allergies too ...i dont really have to useit
now that i have changed things for my ferrets ( the thing i just talked
about) hope this helps :-)

sincerly, Trudi &
slinkey
marshmellow(may he rest in peace)
patches
cloyee
chi
chachita
lucky
coco
and: thunder, spirit, (my dogs)
and: paw paws, cinders, midnight, starburst, and a stray that we have not
     yet named!!!
GOD BLESS!!!