Date:
Sat, 7 Aug 1999 18:00:24 -0700
Hello.
I am slowly posting more as I become addicted to the FML.  I posted over a
week ago about my new adoptee, Henry.  Within a few days of his arrival, we
rushed to the vet, took a blood sample, waited forever (days are forever
w/ferrets), tests showed a high lymph count, went in for exploratory
surgery, waited forever (ok a week), rush to the vet again when he managed
to "lose" 3 out of 4 stitches on one side (tissue samples were removed from
both sides), then got the news......(drum roll) HE IS FREE OF CANCER!!!!!
I cried from relief.  Of course his once pudgy frame is skin and bones from
all the trauma.  He's eating & drinking, but the poop varies from soft to
really runny.  So were eating duck soup a few times a day for that extra
nutrition.  Once we get though this we can start to work on pooping in the
litter box vs next to it. : - )

Which brings me to a few comments on the last few days of posts.  When
training your critter, be patient and consistent.  I know it's frustrating
at times, but they are intelligent little buggers.  My Ottis was a
reluctant kit, but matured wonderfully.  Lots of praise & a treat or two
is good positive reinforcement.  I think they are just to focused on other
things to really absorb your hard work.  Or they are laughing at you trying
to imitate how to go potty in that plastic thingy.

Mary: I wish I knew the words to express how sorry I am.  I always cry when
I read of lost fuzzies.  I even cry at Skeeter's posts.  I feel for all of
you, but to lose so much all at once.  Again-sorry.

For the move to Cailif.  I like the idea of the decoy Ryder truck while the
ferts are in the other vehicle on the side roads at night.  I haven't tried
to cross in North Ca, so this is just my opinion.  Sounds like you have
done a lot of planning.  I am happy you are taking them with you!  Good
Luck!

I read good and bad posts relating to "issues" and to individuals.  But I
think it bears repeating that when you are unsure about something that is
written, please ask.  Isn't that why we have our e-mail address attached to
our posts?  I was confused about the passing of the ferret w/long nails
left without food or water, so I mailed her.  She responded and clarified.
Remember it is difficult to express yourself perfectly through mail, to
those you don't know, who don't know you, during a time you are overcome
with grief.  Don't attack then wait for a response.  Granted I find myself
outraged at some posts, but what does cat fighting really accomplish?  Be
supportive to each other.  We are a family.  We make mistakes, we disagree,
but the fact remains we are all here for one big purpose... those little
furballs that have captured our hearts.  I know I am on a soap box, but I
always liked being tall. : - )

I am off to hunt down my critters for my "fix".  Just can't get enough.  Oh
yeah, why doesn't Ty have a ferret beanie baby?  My little sister has every
beanie animal that has walked the planet except for a fert.  I caught Ottis
on top of the computer monitor.  Hoping I wouldn't spot him, he did the
classic "freeze and blend".  I now have the best photo of him next to the
Taco Bell dog which sits on the monitor.  They are the same size, but we
all know who is the cute one.

Kisses to the fuzzies,
Alissa & Ottis & Henry