From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Aug 1998 09:43:57 -0400
Spotty's catheter came out this morning and we're tackling his problems in
order of importance.  The new antibiotic routine will start in a day or two
(Some has to be ordered and delivered.) which gives him a window inbetween
when he won't have any nasty tastes which might slow down his eatting so
we're priming the pump last night and today.  The strange thing is that his
nausea is reduced from before the stroke and he had none till late last
night; I'll have to mention that to Hanan, but today's Hanan's surgery
morning so I'll wait or leave a message they know isn't priority.  Tonight
Steve and I should be able to get a full night's sleep.  Spot's a little
unsteady on his feet (but not badly) and he hs some twitches.  He's acting
VERY lovey -- very cuddly and kissy, but he seemed to regain his ability to
be aware while he stil couldn't control his body so if he remembers then he
knows people were trying to help him.  He would also just be happy to be
home and safe, so it may be that alone or in combination.  He's eatting
well, except that the only thing he wants is AD mixed with water, but a lot
of that is going in.

We are feeling startlingly fortunate given the state of his health Monday
evening, and h'e's acting as if he feels that way, too.

Sorry about any mistakes.  I'm a bit tired.