From:
Adrienne Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Aug 1997 12:32:55 -0400
Hi all, it's been a while since I've written, I' guess I've become more of a
lurker.

I wanted to tell you all about something that happened that I am finding
kind of strange.

Willie is an Albino Ferret I adopted from the pound two years ago.  He
started out as a bad biter, but he has gotten over it.  Willie Has always
seemed a little spaced out to me, he just never had that rambunctious nature
of my other ferrets.  He is a real sweetheart, and we love him to death, but
he never really plays, or gets excited about anything.  Anyway, two weeks
ago we adopted a 4 year old Siamese cat from the pound.  Her name is
Trouble, and so far she has been great.  She seemed to take to the ferrets
almost immediately (after one minor altercation between her and Oscar on her
first day home).

What is so strange, is Willie's reaction to the cat.  He goes up to her,
dooking like a crazy ferret, and smells her all over.  At first, I was
scared Willie was going to regress back to his old self & attack the cat,
but it didn't happen.  The cat just sits there purring and rubbing her head
& body all over him (you know, in a cat way).  She rolls over & allows him
to sniff her belly, purring loudly the entire time.  If I didn't know
better, I'd swear they know each other.  They were adopted out of two
different shelters, two years apart, so that couldn't be possible.  Maybe he
senses that she was a throw away like him?  Or , maybe Willie had a cat
friend in his first home.  I don't know what the answer is, but I had to
share it with you all.

Adrienne Williams
Oscar, Nikita, Bear, Sampson, Daisy, Willie
Trouble & Sandy