From:
Elton & Nancy Sanders <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Apr 1996 06:55:17 -0500
Hi folks - I have been reading this newsletter for awhile now, so I guess I
will tell you all about my fuzzies.  My first fert was Farrah a albano, had
her for about 9 years until she subscumbed to pancress failure and old age.
She lived longer than the vet thought she would.  She was a realllly special
animal.

I got two more fuzzies from Pam Grant's shelter.  Actually, I wanted one, my
husband agreed to another fert... if you know Pam, well, you will understand
why I came home with two!  A choclate with siamees trim named Hershey, and a
silver which I named Argento (Italian for silver).  That was 4 years ago and
they are doing great! They win prizes at the local shows.  Hershey got a
first prize for her beautiful color.

However, they are both prize winners every day! I also have three cats.  Two
have taught the ferts not to bother them!  These two cat sisters just walk
off.  The target is Ruby cat.  She is fair (or unfair!) game.  She enjoys
playing with them too.

My husky/lab plays too.  King of the bed.  I had to put a stop to this when
the dog shook Hershey and the poor ferret had "shaken baby" sydrome.  I
don't think Nome dog ment any harm, but she is 60lb and rough player.  I was
not sure Hershey was going to make it.  The vet ran test and took x-rays and
could not find any problems.  But poor little Hershey was defnatly not
feeling well.  I fed her nurical (sp) and kept her in a sepearat cage for a
few days.  I put her back with Argento.  Argento make Hershey move around
and eat.  It was an amazing thing to watch.  A few months later, Hershey was
her usual wardanceing self.  I don't let the fert out of their three story
condo when the dog is in. ..  I learned the hard way.

So, we have a house full . . .I guess I have been just lucky with my
fuzzballs.  So far, no other health problems.

Intersting note, it seems like the white ferrets have problems with black
tails.  I discovered that the four paws brand of ferret spray seems to keep
the problem away or reduce it.  I spray mine a few times a week.  Also, if
the black persists, I wash the tail with Betizoly peroxide plus by DermaPet,
rince it off then continue with the "normal" bath.  This works for me!

All of you who have lost your ferrets, you have all of my sympathy.  And I
hope they are playing with my first ferret, Farrah, on the other side of the
Rainbow Bridge!

                                        Nan