Date:
Tue, 18 May 2004 13:47:15 -0400
>hi, I am having problems about ferrets' smell in the house...

Both of my boys are litter box trained.  I use Swheat Scoop wheat cat
litter.  (It's exactly the same as their small animal litter, except for
the picture on the box.  I wrote and asked.)  I don't have any litter box
smell at all, as long as I scoop it each day.  Just make sure to replace
the litter removed during scooping, or you will develop litter box odor.
They recommend a depth of three inches.  I've found that for ferrets two
inches is sufficient.  Swheat Scoop is flushable, so you don't have
litter smell in the garbage can, which contributes to the general eau de
ferret in a home.  As Swheat Scoop has no smell of its own and only one
ingredient, wheat, I don't worry about my boys deciding to taste it
either.

I do notice that ferret odor is stronger when it's humid.  If that's
contributing to the problem, either a dehumidifier or an inexpensive
ionizer will help as well.

I hope that helps you!

Gale

"Don't smile at me like that!  That's not even a real smile; It's just a
bunch of teeth playing with my mind!"  Lt. Templeton Peck