From:
Ian Lynn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Feb 1995 08:07:59 CST
Hello all--

Have a problem...Apparently Rat swallowed a raisin a little too whole,
and now has the shoe string poops.  I say it was a raisin, because this
started Sunday morning, and I had kept him in his cage since around 6:00
SAturday evening, and the only thing out of the ordinary was that I had
given him a half dozen raisins just before placing him in the cage.
The poop has started to get a liitle bigger, but is still soft and not at
all normal, so I'm in hope that its breaking up.  He still is full of
energy and played with the dogs for a solid 4 hours (a lot of ferret energy
saved up being put in that cage).  My question: I got some "Laxa-stat" by
Tomlyn to hopefully help ease the raisin out, what is the amount to give??
I would hate to o.d. him and make him worse.

I fully intend on taking him to the vet, but he's on vacation till wed. so
I need advise on the short term. Sorry this is a common topic, but I recently
had a major crap-out on the box and lost several old logs.

Please post me direct at [log in to unmask] with any suggestions, so I may
get them A.S.A.P.

Thanks in advance,
Ian and a slightly jammed up Rat