From:
Bill Waters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 May 1996 01:07:05 -0400
It happened again on Wednesday; Another fuzzie took me home from the mall.

His name is Alexander and he is a 6-week Marshall Farms sable with a
speckled nose like a chocolate-chip cookie.  He is so tiny that when I
brought him to class with me on Thursday, he slept in the breast pocket of
my shirt.  It is this tinyness that brings about my posting.

It seems that Cedric, my 6-month old, is quite aggressive towards him.  I
read the FAQ and didn't think that there would be much trouble since Cedric
has been so gentle and friendly with humans.  Whenever I let them near each
other, Cedric darts at him and grabs him by the neck.  Alexander then cries
in pain, and Cedric shakes him and tries to drag him around, unless, of
course, I intervene.  Also, just before he rushes at him, Cedric has been
making a hissing sound.

Throughout all this, Alexander is very brave and tries to fight back, but he
weighs about 1/2 a pound and Cedric is a comparitive monster of ~3 pounds.

Does this sound like a normal problem?  I have read the FAQ, and it sounds
like this maybe goes beyond normal "sibling" rivalry.

Does anyone have any ideas about making them get along better, besides the
usual stuff in the FAQ?  The whole reason I got Alexander was so that Cedric
would have a playmate, and all of this is rather disconcerting to me.

Thanks for any help,

Bill, Cedric and Alexander