From:
Linda Smart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Aug 2001 04:52:09 -0500
On Sat, 11 Aug 2001 - Russell Prater wrote.......
>Nobody in the US raises ferrets for fur. It just wouldn't make economic
>sense. A fitch pelt on the hoof may be worth $1. Why waste time, effort
>and food raising inferior fur when you can raise mink just as cheaply.
>It is my understanding that one of the Scandinavian countries is the
>only place in the world where any fitch are raised and there is much
>pressure to end it there.

Russell --

Wrong.  There are fitch farms in the U.S.  The market is to Russia.

I recently hand-raised 4 female ferret kits who were rescued, in a group
of 24 2-week-old female ferret kits, from a fur farm.

I kept one of the kits for my own pet ferret.  Along with my other 16
ferrets.  She's about 2 months old now, and absolutely wonderful.

The other 3 were placed in loving ferret homes.

No, I will disclose NO information about this fur farm.

Do not ask for specifics.
Do not e-mail me privately about it.

Just be aware that fitch farms DO operate in the U.S.

-- Linda Smart

Faith makes things possible, not easy.