From:
"F. Scott Giarrocco" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Nov 2000 06:51:44 EST
>From:    [log in to unmask]
>So far not a single person out there has written of knowing a vet who
>scrubs his or her hands before examining the patients.

Do you know this for a fact?  Is it possible that the vets and techs have
washed up at a station not readily visible to observation?  Very few vet
offices are made of glass-walled examination rooms and treatment areas.
Much of what goes on at a vet's office is done behind the scenes.

>So far not a single person knows of a vet whose examination table is
>wiped off, then sprayed down and left to dry for 10 minutes on a
>consistent basis-or at all.

Again, is this a documented fact or simply a lack of personal observation?
Have you personally observed every examination room and table before,
during, and after each examination to watch what goes on?  I know at the
vets that I visit, there are multiple solid-walled examination rooms so it
just isn't possible for me to know what is going on in one of them when I
am in the waiting room or in one of the examination rooms.  I can report
only what I personally observe - and that is that every precaution is
routinely taken by the vet and the vet techs to keep themselves and the
room as clean and sterile as possible.  Of course, since I haven't
witnessed the other rooms, I could always surmise that it I didn't see it,
it didn't happen and make unfounded allegations that the examination tables
aren't properly cleaned, that the vets and techs never wash their hands,
and are gleefully spreading disease and pestilence with every opportunity.

>There should be hundreds of people with vets that scrub their hands and
>spray down the table..  Instead-I am actually hearing from people about
>vet offices that actually have vets telling the assistants NOT to clean,
>so that disease can spread, and the office can have more business.

Once again we have second-hand reports of unnamed people making allegations
about more unnamed vets.  Which vets told assistants NOT to clean the
examination rooms so that disease can spread and increase his or her
business?  Where are these vets located?  Where are the facts?  There
have been a lot of allegations from unnamed sources without one verifiable
fact being passed along.  Who is making the allegations?  Which vets are
engaging in deliberately spreading disease to increase business?  It is
time to come clean - give the facts and name names.

I have never seen my vet eat.  Does that mean it is a fact that my vet
does not eat?  I have never seen my vet enter or exit the bathroom.  Does
that mean it is a fact that my vet does not engage in the regular bodily
functions of waste elimination?  Of course not.  Such a line of logic is
idiotic.

>I am so shocked.  This appears to be a serious and widespread problem.

What is shocking is that anyone would stoop to making such serious
allegations without once offering one single shred of evidence to back it
up.  Serious charges have been made without a single piece of verifiable
evidence.