From:
"Kim Wolf, Mystyx Rescue" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Oct 2002 14:00:20 EDT
Hello!  The Heart of Ohio Ferret Association is holding a new fundraiser
for our rescues.  In my branch alone we have 36 rescues!  Many are
permanent residents because nobody wants older ferrets.  others are in
need of surgeries.  We have four adrenals that I know of, and one needing
neutered.  The adrenals though are our priority right now.  We are having
a costume photo contest for dressed up fuzzies.  We will have the
following categories:

Scariest Fert
Funniest Fuzzie
Best Dressed Furkid

There is one first place in each category, and two honorable mentions.
The three first place ones in turn will be eligible for best costume
overall.  The first prize will be a hand painted trophy of your ferret 's
picture.  The three 1st in category prizes will be a ribbon.  The
honorables just get mentioned <G>

Entry fees are $1 per photo, you can send your entry fees and photo to:

Heart of Ohio Ferret Association & Rescue
P.O.Box 15753
Columbus, Ohio 43215-0753

or you may email your photo to [log in to unmask]

Photos must be family viewable and please do not send huge files by
email.  crop your photo and adjust the size if needed.  HOFA-Rescue
reserves the right to reject entries deemed unsuitable.  Photos must be
in focus and with proper lighting.  Please provide your name, ferrets
name, age, color and owner, and credit the photographer and/or have
permission to use it.  Also include email address or phone number to use.
We will return any photos sent with a self addressed stamped envelope.
Entries close midnight October 26th.  Winner to be announced by October
31st.  HOFA board members will vote on the winner at our annual Halloween
Party on October 27th.  Winners will be notified by email or phone call
and will be published on various email lists.  Sending in an entry
constitutes permission for HOFA to post it to our website where all
entries will be viewed.  The page will be
www.hofa-rescue.org/fotocontest.htm
but we need entries before the page can be built!  thanks and happy
haunting!

Kim Wolf
Webmaster and Galloway Shelter
Chapter for HOFA & Rescue.