From:
"M. Taylor" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Oct 1996 11:10:05 -0700
I don't know about you, but I have 30 mins.  time limit on how long I can
stay on the Internet before I get hung up on.  It's a bummer because I can't
read the FML that quickly.  So I devised a little system!  It may only work
on a Mac, I'm not sure, but this is what I do:

1) Get into the FML message on your eMail.
2) Go up to "file" and select "save as."
3) Save it as is to a diskette.
4) Get OFF the internet when it is through.
5) Go into your word processing program.
6) Use the "file: insert" command, and insert the FML that is on your
diskette.
7) RE-save the FML, but this time save it as, for example, a MacWrite
document or Claris Works written document. This way you can get into
it without first going into the document.

This works well for me because then I can browse it on my own time, and save
it for future reference.  Before I came up with this I was printing out
every issue and using a lot of ink!

I hope it helps anyone in similar circumstances. :)

        <>

[Moderaotr's note: Indeed, due to the length of the FML many email programs
can't read the whole thing at all and need to save it as a separate file.
Thanks for putting it into words.  BIG]