From:
Jim Hensley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Sep 1997 20:25:49 -0400
>water baseboard system that will radiate heat from a copper pipe run
>through metal fins.

I just moved into an apartment with baseboard heating.  I was worried about
the heat of the fins, as well as the holes in the walls around the pipes.  I
got some wire screening from Home Depot and a couple of 1x2 pine boards.  I
screwed one piece of wood onto the top of the heater guard, and the other I
nailed to the floor.  Then, I stretched the screen over the heating element
and stapled it on each board.

Looks like crap, but it keeps the ferrets out of it...

Jimbo, Mia, Pace and Early