From:
Tuck Kemper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Jan 2002 10:34:11 -0600
This morning (Friday), the guy from Wild Kingdom was on the Today show
with endangered species.  He had prairie dogs, and a little white European
ferret (his words).  He made it clear that the Black Footed Ferret was the
endangered species....just had a little REW to demonstrate the species.
I thought it was handled well in that he said the BFF was one of the
exciting success stories of re-introduction.  Mentioned they were down
to like 16 animals before efforts to save them from extinction were
successful.  All in all, it was a very positive representation of the BFF,
and ferrets in general.

Also, I just received my January issue of Montana Outdoors, and , lo and
behold, there on page 34 is a picture of a BFF in the wild!  The issue is
dedicated to photography, and its quite a nice picture, taken by D.
Robert Franz.  Don't know if the magazine is available other than by
subscription, but they can be contacted at: 800-678-6668, for anyone
interested.

--- Tuck Kemper
--- Isaiah 43:2