From:
Ann Hehl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Mar 2011 13:52:44 -0400
Would a bridge greeter please check and make sure Snickers arrived
safely? We had to help her cross on Sunday, Feb 27, after a 4 year
battle with EGE. She will be looking for her mate, Jazzy, who crossed
in Sept, 2010, as well as the rest of her family.

I remember the day, about 4 years ago, that I received a call from my
vet's office telling me that they had a ferret who had presented with a
possible blockage and her owners couldn't afford any treatment for her
and I was asked if I could take her and help find out what was going
on. I couldn't turn my back on this baby. I knew she deserved a chance
to find out what was happening so I said yes. I went to the vet's
office to pick her up and when I arrived, there she was, with her mate,
Jazzy. The office said the owners didn't want to separate them so they
surrendered both to them who in turn gave them to me. That first night,
in my home, I had them in the same cage and they fought, really fought.
And I thought, bonded??? yeah right. But no regrets in having them both
in my life. They did get actually get along but they weren't devoted to
one another. And Snickers had her surgery but it wasn't a blockage
causing her problems. Biopsy revealed her problems to be a result
of EGE. She lived with that the remainder of her life, usually doing
pretty well considering her diagnosis and she was a joy!!! One activity
I particularly miss is she loved to play under the covers on my bed
with my hand chasing her about on the top of the covers. We really
connected during those times. EGE finally took it's toll on her and we
lost our fight and I lost a dear baby. So, please, find her and make
sure she found her family, as the Hehl family is quite large and I know
they made her welcome and have shown her the sites and pleasures of the
Bridge. I just need to know that this is true and that she is settled
and happy and well once again.

Ann and Cody, Jamie, Zoe and Hershey