From:
Empire Operating Inc <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Apr 1999 16:01:23 -0500
Well, I came home from work Friday.  I opened the door & there sat Wichita
in the entry hall licking his lips.  I said, "Wich, what are you doing?
Glad to see me or what."  I was really feeling the big head that my oldest,
(who almost never greets me at the door), was waiting there for me.  Then,
I noticed the remains, (which I use the term lightly, there was nothing
left but legs), of a cricket just inside the kitchen.  Wichita loves to eat
crickets.  We usually stop him before he gets a chance to devour them in
case the cricket has been in contact with the Orkin Man or something.  I
know my neighbors have monthly Orkin visits.  Maybe this is normal.  Does
anyone else have any fuzzbutts who like to eat crickets?  Any way, I
worried all weekend about Wich eating the whole cricket except for the
legs.  You know, was the cricket introduced to the Bug Man, or would he get
a blockage from the hard shell, just everything.  Well, its Monday, & so
far no reprocussions from the outlaw meal.  Wich is do for his yearly visit
at the Vets tomorrow, so I'll Ask Dr. "G" about it.

To Sharon who had a question about Dom scratching at the ground when nose
to nose with Winston.  Our little Oscar is deaf.  I notice that Wichita &
Shorty, scratch at the ground when they are face to face with him sometimes
too.  I think this must be someway they communicate with him.  Those two
knew he was deaf before we did.  We've been teaching Oscar some simple sign
languages, and, (Believe it or not), he is learning them.  He's a much
happier little guy now that we know he is deaf & respond to him
accordingly.

Terri, Wichita, Oscar, Shorty, & in loving memory of Junior

P.S.  AT-A-GIRL BARBARA - We appreciate all you do for all creatures!