From:
Tryntje Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Nov 1996 20:45:13 -0500
Hi there!

Snoopy is doing some better.  She seems to be more alert and more energetic
even though she sleeps a lot.  I'm sure the medicine has something to do
with that.  She is also eating some on her own again and her stools are near
normal and not tarry any more.  I am continuing to give her our version of
duck soup.  It is a great thing that she loves this so much because that is
how she gets her medicine.  If this didn't work I don't know what we would
have done.  She gets absolutely stressed out when scruffed and fed with a
syringe.  Hopefully now she will start gaining some of her weight back and
hopefully she won't get a relapse.

Speaking of medicine, she is getting about .75cc Chlor Palm, 3X per day and
.5cc Amoxy 2X per day.  I think that I am suppose to keep up the Amoxy for a
total of 2 weeks and usually the Chlor Palm is given for only 5 days.  The 5
days are up but I am reluctant to stop, unless it isn't good for her to keep
it up.  What should I do?  What is your opinion on the Amoxy time factor?
Also, the Amoxy expires in such a short time.  It comes in a powder that the
vet reconstitutes it.  So little is used that we will end up throwing most
of it out.  Can we not only reconstitute small amounts at a time?  Should I
be giving her some Phlagyl as well?  I read that some of these symptoms,
such as tarry stools, and no appetite can also be a sign of a blockage.
Should I be concerned that she may have a blockage?  Snoopy's stools are
almost back to normal again and she is beginning to eat on her own again.
Does this mean that I don't have to be concerned about a blockage?

Please, if you have time, can you respond one more time.  I want to do what
is right for Snoopy.  I want her to be well.

Thanks a million.

Tryntje Miller                   Net:[log in to unmask]
Conrad Grebel College Library    Tel: (519) 885-0220 ext. 239
Waterloo, Ontario                Fax: (519) 885-0014
N2L 3G6