From:
Julie Coddington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 May 2000 14:04:39 -0400
Hi everyone, since I'm new at ferrety things (almost 1 year), I'm stumped.
I gave my little girl a bath (using ferret shampoo) about a week ago and
she lost her beautiful coat leaving her with a coarse coat.  I figured
out it was shedding time so I wasn't worried too much.  She eats Totally
Ferret, has Ferretone, drinks only bottled water, has ferret snacks and
occasionally gets a tidbit of fresh fruit, so I think I'm okay here, but
wanted to ask anyway.  She had this big, beautiful coat and now it is kind
of yucky.

My second question is that over the last couple of weeks, she has become a
horrific ankle biter, arm biter and digger.  She used to nip occasionally
when she first gets "out" for free play time at night, but lately she has
been unmanageable.  She gets behind me on the cushion and digs like mad, I
pick her up and move her, she comes back and digs, I pick her up and move
her to another place in the room and she comes back to dig at my back and
sides.  It hurts, too.  I don't get it.  Nothing has changed at all,
routine-wise.  She has tons of toys, a huge 3-level cage with all the
tubing, a hammy to sleep in and at least 1.5 hours out a day for "attack my
mommy games".  I don't know what to do with her.  I hold her and tell her
"no" in a stern voice, but as soon as I put her back down, attack mode.
This goes on for the entire time she is out and I need some advice.  Feel
free to write me at [log in to unmask] if you can shed any light here.
I love her dearly, she is all up-to-date on her shots and is eating,
drinking and using the litter box like normal.  Ferret therapy?