From:
Lauren Yeany <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Oct 1998 15:52:43 -0400
*Daphne-
I am originally from Northern VA and there is a wonderful vet clinic where
they probably board ferrets.  I know there is a doctor there that
specializes in ferrets, so your fuzzies will be in good hands.  Pender
Veternary Clinic is in Chantilly near Fair Oaks Mall.  If you want me to
give you specifics you can e-mail me and I'll be glad to help you!

*Anne Ryan-
"...as the last thing that I have time to do is ooh and ahh over some baby
ferret from Marshall Farms (smelly, bitey, whiney and not box trained, not
to mention a possible ECE threat)."

I was so mad after reading this that I don't even know what exactly to say
to you.  How can you say such things about ANY ferret??  Just because an
animal from a pet store doesn't mean they are any less important and any
less deserving of a good home than one from a shelter or private breeder!!
You, maam, are a Ferret Snob.  Both of my ferrets are from Marshall Farms
and were purchased from a pet store and I love them with all of my heart.
They are both well mannered and contradict everything you said about them!
You've got some nerve generalizing and stereotyping MF ferrets as smelly,
bitey, etc.  And as for the man you were b**ching about...he at least asked
you questions and wanted to be informed.  Why don't you go after people who
are uninformed and abusing their ferrets and be less concerned as to where
their ferrets come from?

Lauren Yeany
"My Brain Hurts!" - Monty Python's Gumby Man