From:
brooke nelson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Nov 1996 11:05:16 -0600
Well, everyone, I have a funny story that shows just how naive some people
can be when it comes to ferrets.  You see, I live with the dreaded in-laws
and when we brought home our 4th ferret back in August, MIL said "This is
it...NO MORE PETS!".  And I'm supposed to listen to that?  Many of you know
that we now have 6 ferrets, since getting the angora Oct.26.

A few days ago, my hubby and I were in the bedroom and had Dizzi (#4) and
Ekko (angora) out playing.  MIL decided to walk in unannounced and have a
long boring conversation with us!  She absolutely adores Dizzi and was
watching her doing her ferret stuff.  Well, Ekko was playing under the
nightstand and kept peeking out...Troy kept pushing him back under with his
foot and I was holding my breath!  After about 5 minutes of this, Ekko
decided that he wanted to meet his "Grandma".  He snuck past Troy and walked
over to MIL's feet and looked up as if to say, "Hiya!  Who are you?".  We
were both hoping that she wouldn't see him, but how can you miss a BIG blond
(pastel)ferret!

She looked at me and said, "Who is that? Wait! Is that Cody?"...uhhhhh, yes!
Don't you love his new winter coat? I didn't expect her to fall for it, but
she did!! I still can't believe it! The angoras have furry noses....I guess
she needs new glasses!

This monster-sized ferret has completely captured our hearts with his silly
antics and sweet disposition.  He is a true theif...watches, cigarette pacs
(favorite), Coke cans, and the dog's toys all seem to end up in his hidey
hole...the litterbox!  We actually got into a fight over a Coke can the
other day!  He said it was left unattended and therefore it was *his* Coke
can!  Yesterday, he took a plastic bag, literally tossed it over the dog's
head and started slapping him on the nose!  It was by far the funniest thing
he has done.  He also snuck out of the bedroom one morning and made me play
tag with him for five minutes before he let me catch him...everytime I would
look in a different room, he would come up behind me and jump on my leg and
run away!

Well, Dizzi just emptied the bookshelf...gotta go find everything!  BTW, MIL
still doesn't know about Darwin (#5)...we rescued him almost 2 months ago!

Till next time!
Brooke & Troy
Cody, Indy, Kiwi, Dizzi, Darwin, Ekko....and Wishbone the fertschund
(ferret/dachshund)