From:
"Charles D. Pratt" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Jan 1996 13:00:20 -0600
Hi everyone,
I've been lurking lately but just had to send this post.

Recently, I bought my fuzzies a new travel cage at, yes, K-Mart.  It's
called an UltraRide cage and is made out of tinted plastic.  It's round and
high, kind of like those water-cooler bottles.  It has front and back doors
and a cushion covering a plastic floor.  The great thing is that it's been
designed so that you can secure it with a seatbelt.  I think this'll be
great for long road-trips.

The fuzzies have room for a hammock at the top of the travel cage and a
small litter pan on the floor.  I've taken them for a test-drive in it and
it really works well.  The only design flaw I can see is the doors--they
only latch at the side not the top & bottom like most conventional travel
cages.  Other than that, I think it's well-planned.

Does anyone have advice about deterring ferrets from a couch?  My kids are
slowly destroying my sleeper sofa.  One of their favorite hidey-holes is in
one of the hollow arms.  They also like to dig at the upholstery, which is
becoming shredded in certain locations.  The sleeper mattress is intact (for
now).  My next purchase will be a futon for their safety.  I've tried
stapling muslin over the bottom of the couch, stuffing sheets in the cracks,
and covering the cushions with sheets all to no avail.  Help!

Chad (harried human surgical resident)
Jackson (don't take away my toy couch!)
Binky (I'm ready for my close-up, Mr. DeMille!)
Possum (let's go for another ride!!)