From:
"Darren/Torin/Who Ever..." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Jul 1998 22:24:55 -0700
Cindy and I have just acquired two delightful additions to our family.  An
acquaintance had two ferrets that he couldn't keep any more, so we brought
them into our home.  We had planned on being owned by ferrets when we
bought our house but Eris decided her creatures would enter our lives a bit
earlier.

BTW, the fuzzies were originally named Fonzie and Ezmerelda.  We renamed
them and I've used their new names through the post to reduce confusion.  I
know that my posting is disjointed enough as it is.

We picked them up last Thursday.  There was a bit of crisis since we
couldn't find Freddie anywhere.  The ex-housemates had been asked to leave
the ferrets in the cage since they were due to be picked up.  They (the
ex-housemates) didn't listen and Freddie was loose somewhere in the house.
We looked everywhere but couldn't find him though we looked under and over
everything.  We took Sarah home in the small cage.  We were rather
depressed since it was likely that Freddie had gotten outside and we'd
never see him again.

We went back to pick up a few more things to his new apartment and there
was Freddie sleeping on some clothes upstairs.  Whee!!  Sarah was really
happy to see her playmate.  We've since started feeding them Totally Ferret
and have given them towels instead of the newspaper.  They also have
squeaky toys and a purchased hammock/tunnel.

We've re-named them Freddie (Mercury) and Sarah (McLachlan).  This might
be slightly fannish of us, but oh well.  They've got an appt at a
Ferret-knowledgeable vet (Barbara Deeb of Allpet Vet in Seattle) so that
we can get them boosters and make sure they're okay.  We'll also be
looking for recommendations about nail-clipping and these bugs on them
that look like gnats.  We've put a drop of advantage on the back of their
necks to try to combat the bugs

They've integrated with the cats relatively well.  The cats are curious
but not aggressive and the fuzzies are the same.  Sunday morning, it was
cute when Sarah and Morrigan touched noses and walked away.

Darren & Cindy (human servants)
Morrigan, Kitaya, & Droolpuss (cat-lords)
Sarah & Freddie (ferret-masters)
--
<[log in to unmask]> <http://www.daft.com/~torin> <[log in to unmask]>
Darren Stalder/2608 Second Ave, @282/Seattle, WA 98121-1212/USA/