From:
Rachel Zuckerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Feb 2002 17:20:55 -0800
>Just a note to all and sundry.

All right, this was obviously a reply to my post.  I don't want to start
any arguments, just say a few words in my defense.

>1) You don't know that anyone that responds will be a bad person.

I never said they were.

>4) Every ferret advertised "for sale" is not a deadly emergency!  You can
>pass on the news without having to take blood pressure medication and
>hyperventilating

I thought I was actually pretty rational, sorry if you didn't.

>6) *Please* don't jump on the list when you see a ferret for sale
>somewhere and tell everyone to rush out and get it, because it looks
>lonely...but you can't because you "just can't take in another one
>because >you already have three

I wasn't telling anyone to "rush out and get" anybody.  I was just voicing
concern over the emphasis on price rather than good care.  Indeed, people
rushing out to get animals often has disagreeable results.

>8) Please be a little more tolerant of others that have ferrets.

I did not pass any judgment on either the person running the ad or the
people who may answer it, nor am I saying I'm a perfect ferret owner.  It
was the wording of the ad that concerned me, and since the people on this
list are either well-versed in ferret care or are trying to become so, I
figured it was a good place to voice my concern.  Excuse me.  Like I said,
I really don't want to start an argument.  Now that I've said my piece I'm
happy to let it drop.  Thanks

Rachel and da wild weaselinas

=====
"Go ahead, call the cops
You don't meet nice girls in coffee shops"

                      -- Tom Waits