From:
"March, Jim" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jun 1996 10:40:59 -0700
I need to know what others have paid for adrenal gland surgery, typically.
I just got a quote for poor Felix for a minimum of $550, possibly over $900,
depending on a one-hour job or two.

Yikes!

I mean, I love the little dude and I'll scrape it up somehow if that's what
it takes, but dang...two and a half months ago, when I crashed a motorcycle,
broke one arm and dislocated the other, my total bills incl.  ambulance and
emergency room tinkering was less than that!!!

Besides the baldy pattern and occational bouts of aggression towards
ever-forgiving Mikey, he's (now) in superb health...over the last month or
so, he's recovered from anemia brought on from me not waging enough war on
fleas due to the aforementioned double broke arms.  Right.  But that's all
fixed, he's finally ready for surgery, and *whammo* ouch.

Reply in private EMail if you paid less, for successfull surgery by a
ferret-experienced vet, especially if you know of such a vet in the SF Bay
Area or northern California.

Thanx.

(P.S.  So far I've (gladly) paid out a total of $300ish to the same vet,
mostly for labwork/XRays and such, plus some *very* good flea elimination
goodies.  He's at the vet today for the final pre-check to clear him for
surgery, which'll be another $50-$125 depending on XRays or lack therof.)

(P.P.S.  This is *not* a plea for cash...I'll deal with it all, regardless.
But I'd like to know if this price is completely over the top or not...)