From:
S1peterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Mar 1998 15:37:27 EST
My ferrets have a somewhat strange favorite toy....a pair of swimming
goggles.  I'd bought them quite awhile ago, and they must have been designed
for babies or elves because the lens section sort of just sat on my
eyeballs.  So I stuck them away in a small drawer for a long time.  Then I
had an attack of ferret math.  My sweeties soon learned, of course, to open
this particular goggle- drawer.  The first one to find the goggles ran
wildly about the house with them, with the other three chasing her so fast
they were skittering about and falling down all over the place.  Now every
night they immediately find the goggles, run and wrestle with them, hide
them everywhere possible (and impossible), after which I re-hide them
somewhere toward the bottom of one of the toy containers, and the ferrets
re-find them and go through the same inexplicable ecstasy.  They have scores
of toys, but these little goggles really turn them on, for some reason.
Maybe the smell of that particular rubber???  They don't gnaw on them,
however.  It's just one more bizarre ferret-thing, and I've given up
second-guessing what is or isn't going on in their fuzzy little noggins.
It's especially funny when they get into a four- way tug-of-war with them
complete with those growly little sound-effects.  So you could try investing
in little goggles!!!!