From:
Caroline Worrall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Feb 1995 10:56:40 -0700
To ANON about ferret questions:  Although my ferret does not always come
when she is called, she always  comes when I squeeze a squeaky toy.  I had
some friends who had ferrets on their farm and the ferrets roamed in and
out of the house like cats; however,  they are so curious that they don't
always stay near home, so if you live anywhere near a road, I wouldn't
let them roam free outside.

About Rats:  I often call Sarah a rat when she steals my socks or
deliberately messes to get attention.  Occasionally, I call her the
cute rat when she's doing something bad, but it's so cute I can't
be mad at her.  In either way, it's an affectionate nickname that isn't
meant to be derogatory (I have nothing against rats anyway).  I
sometimes call my SO Pumpkin, but he is not orange or round (well maybe
a little) or a vegetable (at least not since football season ended).

Well, that's my $0.02.

Thanks,
Caroline (Sarah's well-trained pet)