Date:
Mon, 4 Jun 2001 03:10:21 EDT
A few problems which would be good to address.  When owners need a home for
their ferret or want to find an adult ferret, it would be nice for shelters
to keep users updated some how with this information.  How do you shelters
keep updated on your home phone number?

Another question is, one of the shelters near my area has gotten burnt on
adoptees not spaying or neutering, ferrets they adopted out.  For this
reason, they will only adopt to individuals in their "immediate area." We
have adopted one of their ferrets thru a second party and had the ferret
spayed.  The shelter never asked for proof of the spay, just trusted us.
We rescued a male and had him neutered, so this should prove we do what
might be required by shelters.  The male rescued, we didn't have to prove
we neutered him, but being in rut, my nose is way to sensitive or we may
have kept him un-neutered, lol.  He was a hugh five pounds, five ouces,
hugh.  In a way, I feel sorry for breeders with a male in rut who lives
in a home, lol.

Would like to know how we might again adopt from a shelter who has kits and
be trusted.  My family and I have donated to numerous shelters thru-out two
year period.  I hope they know we love ferrets and do want is needed to
help.  Would like to somehow convince the shelter to let us adopt a male
kit when the ferret is old enough.  In the mean-time, am a bit sad, since
we do have one kit from the shelter who did get spayed.  She is the most
loveable ferret of five we have.  Do know some shelters might be picky, but
we have owned ferrets for 2+ years, many have seen the environment they
live in and approve of this.  What can I say or do to let this shelter
let us adopt a dark sable kit?  Am real sad because we also thought this
shelter was a terrific shelter, but are having second thoughts now.

Please, email me since I only post here and not get the FML, thanks all.
Do appreciate any support.  If shelters are going to be this strict, fine,
pet store here we come, even tho my heart would prefer to adopt one from
a shelter.

Debbie