From:
Kelleen & The FANG GANG <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 May 1996 19:36:08 -0700
Hi All,

Well it has finally happened just as I knew it would someday!!  Aarrgghh!
More later on that, for now let's start with the good news.

I found out on Pet Week day that my new right hand woman in FANG, Michelle,
wants another fert besides Bobo.  I mentioned Rockadoodle since she and Bobo
love each other so.  Well yay!  she said she would love to have Rockadoodle
too.  Now she will be in very good hands, still with Bobo and a 10 week old
little girl to mother to boot.  They all met on Pet Week day but only nose
to nose thru the cage due to the mites.  They were all very interested in
one another, but my Fang was very bored and totally uninterested in the
young squirt!  Guess that means no more kits for me huh?  LOL!  So once the
mites have died their final death these two babies I love so dearly will go
to their new home where there will be no ferret that will attack them and be
mean to them like my Lightstar does.  Rock is the type that lies there
cringing and crying and then screaming if she feels Mommy is not rescuing
her quite fast enough.  She refuses to fight back and it makes me feel awful
when Light jumps her, and then I have to discipline the love of my life
Light too and that nearly kills me.  This will all be for the best for all
the ferts involved.  So score one for the good guys!  Although I will be
crying at their leaving, inevitable you know?

Now the frying pan into the fire bit. Just when we began to see the light
of day after Rockadoodle's vet bills;

Meet our newest rescue, LARRY.
Larry is desperately but graciously seeking sponsors out there in the ferret
loving world.

He came to us bright eyed but not bushy tailed:-( His tail is darn near 3/4
bald and there is an adrenal surgery in his very near future.  He started
his journey to Idaho 2 years ago in a cage in a pick-up truck.  He was in
Missouri at the time.  He came here and spent the next 2 years with the
people who gave him up saying they had no time for him.  He has never seen a
vet, had no vaccinations, and the people were totally ignorant on why his
tail would be bald.  Of course I informed them of adrenal disease
immediately.  These people's daughter also has 2 more ferts that she wants
to give up.  They looked just fine with bushy tails.  She said something
about calling the zoo as she didn't want them split up.  I told her there
would be no problem in me finding them a home together should she choose to
let me.  I hope she does as I don't believe our zoo would be interested in
them.  We can hope anyway.  Well I have the name of a new vet that is
supposed to be very knowledgeable about ferrets and a wonderful guy to boot.
I have heard his praises all over the last few days.  I plan to take little
Larry in to see him and check him out.  Plus to get him vaccinated before
any surgery.  Michelle said he named a list off of surgeries he has done on
ferts a mile long<G> Maybe oh maybe I have found that great vet I have been
desperately searching for??  PLEASE!  Maybe he will even want to be the
shelter vet and help us out in cases like Larry's?  Well one step at a time
but we can hope.  So if you would like to sponsor little Larry he would love
you forever and so would we at FANG!  Darn, now he is scratcing and biting
like crazy and so he may have fleas too, off to the bath and the flea mousse
now I guess:-( BTW he is a sable and about 2 1/2 to 3 pounds, haven't had
the chance to weigh him yet.  Just pop Larry a line if you're interested in
helping him and he will promply write you back, very computer literate this
one:-) TNT!!

      Kelleen Andrews  &  The FANG GANG!!!!