From:
Amy Robbin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Dec 2000 09:40:38 -0500
My 4 year old, male, silvermitt Rascal's tail is almost totally bald.  His
skin is covered with orange scabs.  I went to my local vet in October and
she prescribed a shampoo called Pyoben.  I've been using it for over two
months now (2x a week) and the hair loss has worsened and there is no sign
of regrowth.  Because of the pattern of the hair loss Adrenal was not a
concern (but it's starting to become one), he has a full coat and a full
tail for the first inch or so but has become mostly bald for the last 2/3
of his tail.

Do you have any other suggestions?  Also I know the usual Adrenal signs
(hair loss, problems urinating, agression, odor) and he does not have any
of those except the odor, but he's always been stinky around his head
(yes his ears do get cleaned regularly).

Thanks for any ideas.
Amy