From:
LCPL JENNIFER J KELLEY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Oct 1998 10:42:32 -0400
Well it is with a sad heart that I sit here and compose this e-mail.  2
weeks ago I wrote an e-mail about the death of Pinky our ferret who got bit
by a dog.  And now I must let everyone know that Kit Kat our 5 year old
female has also gone to the Rainbow Bridge.  She was a precious angel who
touched our lives as well as our hearts with her will to live.  We recieved
Kit Kat, Twinkie (deceased), Pickle, & Pretzel as rescues all of them had
the same owners and they just couldn't keep them any longer so we took all
4 of them into our home.  After about 2 weeks of us having them 3 of them
became sick all of them were over 4 years old.  Pickle, Kit Kat, & Twinkie
all lost a lot of weight quickly and developed anemia.  After seeing 4
different vets and Twinkie passing on we found through e-mails that it
could be them having bleeding ulcers so we started to treat them for it and
Kit Kat & Pickle started gaining weight back.  The last vet we saw said
they he thought they had distemper and wanted to put Kit Kat to sleep and
preform a necropsy (sp?) on her and that maybe we could save Pickle.  He
said she'd only live a few days any way.  My husband and I decided not to
do that and gave her a fighting chance.  That was 6 months ago.  Wenseday I
noticed Kit Kat was not eating and we took her to the vet.  They gave her
fluids and said to continue giving her fluids, amoxicillian, and pepcid ac.
On Thrusday night at aproximately 8:30pm my precious angel took her last
breath with me holding her.  I must sign off now the tears are still
flowing too fast for me to see.  I am glad my baby didn't suffer and I hope
she is dooking happily with her brothers who have gone before her Twinkie,
Pinky, & Trent.  I miss you all and love you very much.

Jennifer & Bobby Kelley
189 Boyington Dr
Midway Park NC 28544

and the 8 babies Pickle, Tristan, Ozzy, Pepper, Pretzel, Muttly, TJ, Gypsy
(We miss you Kit Kat, Twinkie, Pinky & Trent we send you many kisses &
dooks)

If anyone has any information on what may be taking the lives of my
precious rescues pleases send me an e-mail and let me know we still
have Pickle holding on.