From:
Jason and Holly Harper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Oct 1999 11:40:51 -0500
when i posted about the sign on the aquarium full of puppies i didn't mean
for it to come across that i thought it was absurd that we couldn't handle
the animals.  i meant that some of us go into the pet stores not planning
on purchasing the animals until after we've held them.  how many of you
have gone into the pet store just to purchase some litter and then hold a
ferret, feel sorry for it then come home with it?  i know it's happened.
i won't argue with anyone because i do agree that animals in pet stores
can be traumatized by all thatz going on.  BUT...this pet store in an
exception.  very rarely are people in it...and now i realize why.  the
employee (there's usually only one and the manager) sits on a stool in the
front.  i've never seen them handle the animals or even offer to let anyone
handle them.  but in any case my point in posting had absolutely nothing
to do with the sign!!!  i would like you to look past that sign and pay
attention to what i told you i saw in the cages!

holly