From:
"Shelley R. Abare" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Dec 2002 14:02:24 -0600
OK, Kiki just had to join in the fun.  First Brownie escaped the playroom
(aka bathroom) that I thought was ferret safe.  Then Little Bit managed
to escape into the night through the same hole (I thought I had fixed
it).  Now Kiki has disappeared!  I gave them a room of their own 2-3
months ago after I realized that the bathroom wasn't such a great/safe
place to play.  They have been having a ball in there for a while.  I
blocked the underside of the bed, made sure all windows are closed,
filled it with boxes and bags and tunnels and toys etc... I go to the
door and call "ferret, ferret, ferret" and tap on the door frame with my
finger nails.  For 2 months this has brought 3 ferrets running for treats
and cuddles.  This morning, about 8 o'clock, I put the kids in thier room
and went about my morning business of cage cleaning etc.  I went back an
hour later and here come 1 ferret, 2 ferret.  Where is Kiki?  I called
and searched.  I put the other two in thier cage for a nap and got out
the treat bag.  Still no ferret.  It is now 1:30 PM and I still can't
find him.  The room is only 12 x 20 so there isn't anywhere for him to
go.  He doesn't know how to climb the baby gate, so he has to be in there
some where.  Does anyone know how to find an unfindable ferret?  At the
very least, I could use some prayers.  I'm begginning to freak out.  My
mind tells me that he's in there, but my heart tells me he's not.  If he
was stuck someplace wouldn't he sqweek or dook or something?  HELP HELP
HELP!!!!  PLEASE 8--(

Thanks,
Shelley

PS; Thanks to BIG.  I promise not to post on the 31st or 1st.  Try to
take some "me" time.