From:
victoria a walsh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Sep 2003 19:19:44 -0400
Hello out there- This is my first posting to the FML- I hope to do more
in the future!

I have a pretty good recipe here for those of you who want or need to
administer certain meds- like Prednisone- or whose fuzzies need
supplements or for the tender-tummied kids who need soft foods for a
time... I've had ferrets since they were legalized in MASS in 1996, and
wish I had found this recipe back then... I've found that my weezoos,
once they've aquired a taste, love this soup, so I hope it can help you
and yours, too....

Try this:
**** 2.5 cups Ultimate by 8in1 add HOT water enough to cover..  soak till
soft, usually about 15 minits... Put in blender, add 1 jar Gerber banana,
1 jar Gerber chicken, and 1 can (or store brand equivalent) vanilla
ENSURE (250 or 350 calories either are fine) ... Using the ENSURE can,
add 1 can more HOT water, and blend till mixture is frappe consistency...
ok to add more water (or Pedialite is ok to substitute for water also...
flavorless of course) to mixture... The thicker the better, so long as
the mixture pours, so be sparing with water till you're comfortable with
the recipe..

The mixture can be stored in a covered Tupperware container in the
refrigerator for up to a week if that much is being used, otherwise,
freeze in ice cube trays and store in airtight container... for
refrigerated mixture feedings, I offer a heaping spoonful--( be
generous!) and a dribble of water to thin, microwaved for 10-15 seconds
(just to warm!) in a small Corningware custard cup, add meds, and feed
away!!  For frozen cubes, microwave longer, just be VERY CAREFUL not to
feed HOT!!!

My kids love this mixture, it's good for them, and giving Prednisone was
never easier!  You might have to start with "finger feeding" at first...
might be an aquired taste for some!

Good luck, and feel free to let me know if it works for you!  ( I get my
Ultimate feed from FUTUREPETS .COM for $9.99 a bag when 3 are purchased
if you can't find it locally...)

Respectfully,
Vikki and the Walsh Weezoos    ...